We prepare federal and state income tax returns for individuals, small businesses and rental real estate owners. We also prepare business returns Partnership: LLC, LLP, C Corp, S Corp, Estate and Trust. As an authorized IRS E-file service provider, we electronically file federal, state, out of state and (where possible) local returns at no additional charge. We can also assist you file tax returns from prior years (If you have filing requirements and you did not file a tax return)
If you’ve made an error on a prior return, we can help you set things right with federal, state, and/or local agencies. Having an amended return prepared professionally can spare you the time and frustration that results from failing to understand—and provide—what a tax agency is looking for.
Tax Planning and Estimates
As household circumstances and income change, so does tax liability. If you've gotten married, lost a job, sent a child to college, cashed in an IRA, sold a stock—or done anything else to alter your life or wealth–we can help you prepare for the bottom line on April 15.
Tax Withholding Recommendations
Filling out a new W-4 for an employer or a W4-P for a pension administrator is a guessing game for most folks. We can take the mystery out of W-4s and help you withhold the "just-right" amount based on your particular circumstances.
If you get a notice advising you of additional taxes due, we can help you figure out where the “disconnect” is between you and IRS. And, we can help you respond with the right documentation to get things straightened out in just one attempt.
Negotiating Installment Plans
If you have a balance due that you can’t pay and want to work with the IRS to negotiate a payment plan, we can help you navigate the process. Once that plan is negotiated we can help you understand how to stay in compliance.
SHOULD I DO IT MYSELF?
The availability of off-the-shelf tax software makes a self-prepared tax return a legitimate, low-cost alternative. If you just have a couple of W-2s and a few deductions, it may make perfect sense to do it yourself. But, for a lot of people it’s truly not the best option. Here are a few reasons why:
- Garbage in, garbage out: Your tax software will ask questions to guide you through completion of your return. But, if you don’t understand the questions-and answer incorrectly-the software may swiftly guide you to the wrong answer.
- Software can’t converse: Taxpayers have dozens of questions about the legitimacy of specific credits and deductions. Tax experts can tailor advice to specific circumstances and answer follow-up questions; software can’t.
- Software can’t see your paperwork: Your tax preparer can sort the wheat from the chaff when it comes to all the tax-related documents you receive-making sure you report everything the IRS requires. Your software will never know what you didn’t see or interpret correctly.
- Your software doesn’t know you live in a taxing city: Local returns complicate many people’s filing situation. The rules about who taxes what-and how much–are as varied as the number of taxing jurisdictions. That’s a task your package software just won’t touch.
HOW WE DO IT
- The Income Tax preparation and reporting process is very personal. It requires a complete understanding of each detail. You know your transactions, but you may not realize all the ramifications that could affect the reporting process, as mandated by the IRS and State Tax Codes. This is why a good tax interview is critical. Total knowledge of your situation enables us to apply the tax laws for your maximum benefit and advantage.
- Our qualified staff can perform your interview in a very general and quick way. This will enable us to completely and accurately report your information to all the taxing authorities.
- We have a broad base of knowledge and solutions that ensure your specific needs are met.
Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.